The new structure, four customer focused divisions and three support functions:
- The Retail Banking division including six business areas - Sweden, Germany, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Cards.
- The Wealth Management division including two business areas: Asset Management and Private Banking.
- The Merchant Banking division including three business areas: Trading and Capital Markets, Corporate Banking and Global Transaction Services.
- The Life division comprising all SEB's life operations.
- Three cross divisional support functions in order to streamline operations and front-office support - Group Operations, Group IT and Group Staff.
The new financial reporting structure will also display the geographical split of SEB's business.
The SEB Group is a North European financial group for 400,000 corporate customers and institutions,
and 5 million private customers. SEB has local presence in the Nordic and Baltic countries, Germany, Poland, the Ukraine and Russia and has a global presence through its international network in another 10 countries.
On 31 December 2006, the Group's total assets amounted to SEK 1,934bn while its assets under management totalled SEK 1,262bn. The Group has about 20,000 employees. Read more about SEB at www.sebgroup.com
For further information, please contact:
Ulf Grunnesjö, Head of Investor Relations, +46 8-763 85 01, +46 70-763 85 01