Asset and Liability Committee
The ALCO, chaired by the President and with the CFO as deputy chair, is a Group-wide decision-making, monitoring and consultative body.
The ALCO, which held 13 meetings in 2019, handled the following matters, among others:
- financial stability – especially in the new regulatory framework
- strategic capital and liquidity issues
- structural issues and issues related to the Bank’s balance sheet and business volumes
- financing of wholly-owned subsidiaries
- the balance sheet and funding strategy for the SEB Group
Group Risk Committee
The GRC, chaired by the President and with the CRO as deputy chair, is a Group-wide, decision-making committee that addresses all types of risk at the President level in order to evaluate portfolios, products and clients from a comprehensive risk perspective.
The GRC held 67 meetings in 2019.
The GRC is authorised by the Board to make all credit decisions, with the exception of a few matters that are reserved for the RCC. In addition, the GRC is tasked with:
- ensuring that all risks inherent in the Group's activities are identified, defined, measured, monitored and controlled in accordance with internal and external rules
- supporting the President in ensuring that decisions regarding the Group's long-term risk appetite are followed in the business organisation
- ensuring that the Board's guidelines for risk management and risk control are adhered to and that the necessary rules and policies for risk-taking in the Group are maintained and enforced.
Group Executive Sustainability Committee
The GESC is a decision-making body in matters related to corporate sustainability activities in the SEB Group. The GESC shall decide in the following matters in the corporate sustainability area in order to secure the best interest of the SEB Group:
- matters that are to be presented to the Board
- matters of major importance or of importance as to principles,
- matters which are of common concern to several Divisions, Group Support functions or Group Staff functions,
- SEB’s sustainability-related policies and position statements; and
- KPIs and targets for the Divisions.
Read more about the Group Executive Sustainability Committee →
Group Internal Control and Compliance Committee
The Group Internal Control and Compliance Committee (GICC) is a newly established Group-wide committee that primarily handles matters and follow-up in the area of internal control and regulatory compliance. GICC is a consultative forum to the President and consists of the President, the CFO and Deputy CEO(s).