From 1 January 2007, the financial reporting structure of the SEB Group will follow the changes made to the organisation as announced on 25 September, 2006.
The main reporting entities to be included in the main part of the first quarter results' press release on 4 May 2007 will be:
- Merchant Banking
- Retail Banking
- Wealth Management
- Other and eliminations, including the cross-divisional support functions - Group Operations, Group IT and Group Staff
Additional information will be provided for the business areas of the divisions, i.e.
- Merchant Banking: Trading and Capital Markets, Global Transaction Services and Corporate Banking, which consolidates business units such as Client Relationship Management, Commercial Real Estate, Corporate Finance and Structured Finance.
- Retail Banking: Retail Sweden, Retail Estonia, Retail Latvia, Retail Lithuania, Retail Germany and Cards
- Wealth Management: Asset Management and Private Banking
- Life: SEB Trygg Liv (Sweden), SEB Pension (Denmark) and SEB Life & Pension International.
Furthermore, operating income, expenses and profit for SEB's consolidated business by geography will be provided for the following countries: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Germany. Business outside these countries will be included in Other including eliminations.
For comparison the figures for 2006 have been restated according to the new organisation, see www.sebgroup.com/ir
The SEB Group is a North European financial group for 400,000 corporate customers and institutions,
and 5 million private customers. SEB has local presence in the Nordic and Baltic countries, Germany, Poland, the Ukraine and Russia and has a global presence through its international network in another 10 countries.
On 31 December 2006, the Group's total assets amounted to SEK 1,934bn while its assets under management totalled SEK 1,262bn. The Group has about 20,000 employees. Read more about SEB at www.sebgroup.com
For further information, please contact:
Per-Arne Blomquist, Chief Financial Officer, +46 8 22 19 00
Ulf Grunnesjö, Head of Investor Relations, +46 8 763 85 01, +46 70 763 85 01