SEB Assembler Academy
Do you pay attention to technical details and are interested in advanced problem solving and system development? Do you find the finance sector interesting and would like to work with mainframe computers, IBM z/OS?
SEB Assembler Academy is a fantastic opportunity for you who like to develop as a sharp system developer.
About SEB Assembler Academy
Welcome to a course where you can learn mainframe assembler, IBM HLASM, and work in an agile environment where we share knowledge with each other and focus on learning and development.
SEB Assembler Academy is an internal academy that runs for 18 weeks.
The academy makes tough demands. In return we offer salary during the programme and good development and career opportunities. Following training and six month’s provisional employment the aim is to offer you a full-time position as a junior assembler developer. During the training period you will gain a good understanding of SEB’s technical environment where you will learn something new every day.
The academy also aims to give participants an insight into some of SEB’s key core systems as well as an understanding of some of SEB’s programming environments and tools. A typical day in the academy consists of tutor-led training, self-study and exercises, often in small mob programming groups.
What you will learn includes:
- Basics, instructions and structure for Assembler programming and coding methods
- Basics of real-time programming and handling data and files
- Understanding of testing, error handling and debugging
The application period is closed.
Mainframe at SEB
The IBM mainframe computer is an advanced technical platform with a lot of strengths, performance, efficiency and operational reliability. At SEB it is used for many of our core systems for accounts, payments, customers, products, credit/debit cards , securities and insurances. SEB has over 300 system developers who mainly work in the mainframe programming languages COBOL and Assembler.
Who are we looking for at SEB Assembler Academy?
- Very good problem-solving ability and interest in programming
- You have a genuine technical interest
- Interest in banking, finance and IBM mainframe
- You have a long-term view of your career at SEB
- Experience of system development is meritorious
- Proficient in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Your personality should include perseverance, good collaboration skills as well as being responsible and meticulous.